Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday Brunch

Now that I am starting to gain a little blogging momentum and getting more comfortable with talking about my life I thought I would introduce a new weekly series I guess you could call it. I got the idea from one of the blogs I stalk frequently, Pretty Neat Living. Every Sunday I am going to talk about what happened in the previous week; highs, lows and anything else new or exciting that happened. We'll call it Sunday Brunch and I will try to always have some little treat or snack to go with the post (you know - 'cause it's brunch). They won't always be long but I thought it would be a good way to show what our weeks look like between work, the farm and having some semblance of a personal life. It's also a way to help me continue to get more at ease with sharing my life in internet land! So here goes nothing...

This turned out to be a really busy week for Scott and I. Since last Sunday I worked everyday but Wednesday and Saturday. That is the thing I find hardest about shift work - it's not switching back and forth between day and night shifts or even the sporadic schedules - it's never having a couple days off in a row. It makes the days that you do have off seem so busy because you're trying to get a million things done before you go back to work the next day. However, considering how busy it was, it was still a really great week.

The weather this week was spot on! Almost everyday was hot and sunny and the mornings were especially nice. It made getting up for work a little bit easier!
A beautiful morning in the Vale
One evening after work Scott and Roscoe met me in town and we went on a little adventure to find a swimming hole not far out of town. We found it and it was so neat! Not only did it have a little pool to swim in, there was also a small waterfall. You could tell that not many people go there either so we aren't spreading the word about our find - we are keeping it to ourselves for now!




Our attempts to get a selfie with Roscoe weren't exactly successful!
I finally bit the bullet and bought a French Press so that I can brew my own coffee at home! This probably isn't very exciting to anyone else but to me it was one of the highlights of the week. I have recently joined the coffee addicts club and cannot start my day without one. It was getting expensive buying one (or more) everyday but I also don't have room in my kitchen right now for a coffee maker. I was walking through Superstore the other day and they had French Press's on sale so I got one! So far, I'm liking it a lot, although now I need to find the right coffee for me!

Lastly, this week ended with both Scott and I being away for a bachelor and bachelorette party! Scott's crew rented a bus and went to Montreal for 3 days - you could say they like to go big or go home! The girls and I stayed in New Brunswick but we hired a party boat and spent the day on the Saint John River! Then we went out for supper and drinks in Fredericton. We all had such a blast but I can honestly say I am feeling it today! I had to work Sunday at 4pm and I feel like a zombie (how did we do this so often in college?!). All-in-all it was a great weekend for all and now the countdown is on for the wedding!!

Oh, I almost forgot - todays brunch was 4 ingredient sweet potato brownies! I got the recipe from another blogger that I follow, The Big Man's World. They are flourless, vegan, paleo and gluten free and oh-so delicious! I added a big scoop of Hoof Prints frozen yogurt, taking away all the healthiness of the brownies themselves, but making them even more tasty! I highly recommend you try these!

I hope you enjoyed this new series and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment