Monday, August 29, 2016

Overnight Oats

In lieu of a Sunday Brunch post I am going to share with you one of my favorite breakfasts - overnight oats. Honestly, last week was a super busy but boring week. All I did was work, work, work. I did 3 evenings with 2 turnarounds (I worked 4-12 then on call from 12-8am then worked 8-4pm) so there was little time for anything else. We did go away again this weekend but it was pretty low key and I forgot to take any pictures so how boring would that be!

Recipes for overnight oats are everywhere these days. If you search on Pinterest you will literally get hundreds of ideas. I make them fairly often so I have figured out the base you need to get the perfect consistency and from there you basically just add whatever kind of flavors your into.
Overnight Oats Base:

1/3 - 1/2 cup quick oats (depending on how big of a breakfast you want)
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 - 1 tbsp. sweetener of choice (I use stevia)
1/2 - 3/4 cup milk of choice (dairy, coconut, almond, soy, etc)
*You can also add 1 scoop of protein powder if wanted.*
I promise you, this will give you the perfect consistency! It is tried, tested and true! Now is the fun part, adding in whatever you want. Here is my favorite mixture:

1 banana, sliced
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp. walnuts
1 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp. peanut butter

Place all of this in a mason jar then shake to mix and store in the fridge overnight. The next morning you can either eat it cold or warm it up, whichever you prefer. I hope you enjoy this quick, easy and healthy breakfast recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment