Saturday, July 23, 2016

Erin Condren Planner!



Hello Folks!

Its been almost a week since my last post but it turned out to be a crazy week! Lots of things going on around the farm, yard work to get caught up on and a few family events thrown into the mix. Today I thought I would touch on something that I haven't mentioned yet; my organization addiction!

Yes, I am a self-proclaimed organizing junkie. I try my best to keep the house in order and I am a major purger (I throw/give EVERYTHING away - I am not sentimental when it comes to "stuff"). However, my love of being organized really goes crazy when it comes to my planner and keeping track of my life. It started out of necessity. I have always had multiple things on the go at any given time and I am terribly forgetful. I need to have things wrote down in order to remember to do them. Most people, given todays technology, use their phone or other device to keep track of schedules. That does NOT work for me! Call me old school but I need to have it wrote down on a calendar in order to keep track of things. Now that I work in three different hospitals, help out with the farm, go to the gym and have other personal appointments to remember, my planner is quite literally my life.

Until now, I have always bought cheap planners from Walmart or Staples, and they worked fine. However, I am going back to school to do my masters in the fall so I thought I needed an upgrade (although after seeing the visa bill Scott thought otherwise!). I bought an Erin Condren Life Planner and I am in LOVE!
I should probably be embarrassed by the fact that I took a selfie with my new planner but I'm not! I thought I would take you through the unboxing of the life planner in case any of you are interested in getting one.

First of all, it was delivered right to my door (which is a big deal considering I live in the middle-of-nowhere ) within 8 days of ordering it. It comes from the United States so I expected it to be a lot longer coming - needless to say it was a very welcomed surprise! The box was very sturdy so even though it was beat up from the trip here, the contents were still in good condition when I got it!

*Sidenote: I apologize for the crappy pictures - it was dark out when I got the package and I couldn't wait until daylight to open it and take pictures!*
I was also really impressed with how it was packaged inside - nice tissue paper and thick bubble wrap!
"Enjoy!" - Oh I will!

When I first saw the planner I was so pumped! It was super pretty and felt like the great quality I was hoping for! The specific planner I got was the vertical 12 month LifePlanner with Watercolor Drops cover and gold coil in the neutral color palate. I also personalized it to have my name on the front.

The neutral color palate means that the "guts" of the planner are in mostly black, white and grey. I also chose the vertical layout because I think that it will work best for me.

The back side of the front and back covers have an area you can write on with a dry erase marker
The first page of the planner
Tabs on the side separating the months

2016/2017 at a glance


2018 at a glance
A space where you can list important events for each month

Each month starts with the full month view
Followed by the weekly layout (vertical)

At the end of each month there is a notes section followed by a quote page
At the back there is a sturdy folder to store things


Flip side of the folder
So there you have it! That is an overview of the Erin Condren LifePlanner. I will probably do some posts showing you how I use it on a monthly and weekly basis at some point. Also, I thought I would leave you with a few pictures of the accessories I got with it. If you want anymore details on the LifePlanner just leave a comment below.

Until next time - happy planning! 


A zippered pocket you can attach to your planner to keep things

Ruler that doubles as a bookmark
Clips that you can stick to things and attach to the coil of your planner
A dashboard you can attach to the coil of your planner. You can use dry erase markers on this
Stickers that I customized to label my calandar 
Just a few of my favorite things - #erincondrenlifeplanner, coffee and the CrossFit Games!

No comments:

Post a Comment